Explore Utah: Donut Falls and Lake Mary

7:42:00 PM

Saturday hikes with Jesse and Emily! Brett had done both these trials when he was younger so we figured we would check them out again. Donut falls was first and it was beautiful. The scenery actually reminded me a lot of some of the areas back home in Idaho. It was an easy hike until you get to the bottom of the falls and there is a really sketchy trail that climbs up the cliff. Emily and I both got a little scared at some points but it was definitely worth it.

Brett seems to think that he will be a great fisherman. He pictures himself a modern day Brad Pitt in "A River Runs Though It." I think that he wouldn't be able to be quiet or sit still long enough, but maybe someday we can give it a try. 

This is where I think it looks like home. To be honest, until this year I didn't know that Utah could be this pretty. Growing up I just thought it was the desert like down at Zion National Park. Turns out I was wrong.

Jesse was such a good sport helping Emily across the creek. This was pretty early in the day, and the water wasn't exactly warm. What a good husband.

The falls goes though a hole in the rock, giving it the name Donut falls, and this picture doesn't do it justice. It's looks amazing. I didn't want to spend much time trying to get the greatest picture because I had an arm wrapped around a tree on the edge of a cliff and I was more than ready to take a few steps backwards. 

I still have a death grip on the tree. I swear my husband has no fear, which should maybe worry me a little, but  not for now. 

Still on the cliff. So many pictures on the cliff. So scared. 

Looking up above the Donut. I love narrow canyons with water falls. I think they are some of the prettiest views ever.
Once we got back to the car we drove a few miles further up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Brighton Ski Resort for the start of the trail up to Lake Mary. It turns out that it is a reservoir. It always amazes me that they will put dams on a small, high mountain creek to build it up. That would be so much work. 

It was ridiculously windy once we made it up to the lake. Windy enough that Emily and I found a big boulder to take shelter behind while the guys skipped a few rocks. And by a few rocks I mean dozens. It is always really funny when Brett and Jesse get together. They lose about three years of maturity and lots of giggling occurs. I'm just glad that the four of us get along so well. I don't think the boys would survive if their wives didn't get along. 



More pictures on a different cliff! What is the deal with my husband?!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I can't believe you were up on the cliff like that. I know you and heights. Remember trying to put the angel on the Christmas tree? Or how about when Max lifted you up over his head!?
    Way to be brave. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its crazy. I'm just trying to prove that I am brave enough to go back to Zion and hike Angel's Landing. If I keep being tough then maybe eventually I will be!

      Delete
  2. Roby...these are a blast..I am now caught up on all your fun outings! My favorite one is the invented game! We have a strange version of that game ourselves! We need to get together again and all play together??? Could be crazy! And Just Dance is a freaking riot...I am imagining now in my mind tall Brett doing some Brittany Spears 'Toxic' and having quite a little chuckle! I especially love your torquoise shades! We need to hang again soon!:)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe