Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

9:34:00 PM



I found the best recipe last week. I made it on Sunday and it was one of the best things I have ever made. It was super easy and fed us for two days! 

I was torn between two of my favorite sides to have, so of course I had both. I made cornbread and covered it in honey-butter. Always a winner. In between bites of cornbread I was scooping my chili with tortilla chips!

I highly recommend that you make this. You can find the original post here. Here is a copy for those of us who are too lazy to look :)

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Serves 6

Ingredients
① 1 16 oz. can black beans, drained
② 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained
③ 2 garlic cloves, minced
④ 1 medium onion, chopped 
⑤ 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
⑥ 1 green bell pepper, chopped
⑦ 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels 
⑧ 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce 
⑨ 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes 
⑩ 1 tbsp. cumin 
⑪ 1 tbsp. chili powder
⑫ 1 tsp. dried oregano
⑬ 1 tsp. kosher salt
⑭ 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Optional toppings: Additional cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped scallions, red onion, sour cream, etc.

Directions
Combine ingredients 1 through 14 in a slow cooker*. Stir until combined. Place uncooked chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.

Thirty minutes before serving, pull chicken breasts apart with two forks. Stir and continue cooking. Top with fresh cilantro or any other desired toppings.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe