A Makeshift Dinner

3:35:00 PM

This week has been crazy. Finals, work, getting ready for Brett's graduation and a trip home to my family. That's what life is like in Provo recently. Well, it all came to a head last night when it came time to make dinner.

We had two frozen hamburger patties saved from last time we had burgers and I had put some potatoes in the oven. I thought I was all sorts of ahead of the game, so I was going to exercise while the potatoes cooked. The below picture is what I had envisioned in my mind.....


...sadly that is not what happened.

After I got all of this taken care of, I check my email and find that one last review session had been scheduled by my history TA, and that it started in 30 minutes. So naturally I run back to the bedroom, change out of workout clothes and practically run up the hill to campus, leaving directions with Brett on what he needs to do for dinner.

A while later it is almost 10:00 pm and I am finally on my way home from frantically remembering dates in ancient history. I called Brett to let him know I was coming and that I am excited to finally eat leftovers. What I didn't know was that Brett had not eaten yet because of a mini disaster.

The hamburgers were frozen in a regular zipper bag and Brett attempted to thaw them by putting the bag in warm water. Apparently there was a whole in the bag and when he returned a few minutes later the sink was full of watery, hamburger-y, juices. Not super appetizing. On top of that, the patties totally disintegrated in the water.

So here we are, stressed with finals, 10 at night, and dinner plans ruined. We ended up throwing together a little of this and a little of that and ended up having a conglomeration of taco flavored meat and chips, black beans, baked potatoes, and saltine crackers left over from when Brett had the flu earlier in the week.

Making that list just reinforced in my mind just how ridiculous that dinner was. But honestly, we were just excited for the food in general. Luckily we are going to a BBQ tonight where we don't need to worry about the food. All we need to to is show up and eat.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe