How To Know We Are Stressed

2:13:00 PM


The end of the school year is fast approaching us. We are only 2 weeks away from the last day of classes and the beginning of finals. This means that we have buckled down in order to finish out strong. How can you tell this is happening at the Lee house? By checking these simple indicators.

  • Exercise Patterns Change: Typically Brett and I will exercise together and at about 6:00 in the evening. At these points in the school year this changes. Brett exercises in the afternoon during his break and I exercise later in the evening after I can get home. It all comes down to just squeezing it in whenever we can.
  • My Nails Are Freshly Painted: This is not because it is my personal break from stress. Really it is because when I get stressed I will start to chip at my nail polish until it is gone. The problem is that you really can't get all of it and your nails get really beat up so I hurry and repaint them again to hide it. This continues in a vicious cycle as I peel off that paint too. From the outside, I just look like I am trying to match my polish to my outfit.
  • Extreme Use of Note Cards: We can also roll loose leaf paper into this category as well. Why the excess paper? An excess amount of list making. Everything has to be written down, otherwise I forget it and it stresses me even more.
  • We Eat Lots of Pasta: Seriously, pasta is the best thing to eat when you are busy. Early in the week make up a double batch of tomato sauce and all you have to do when you get hungry is spend 15 minutes to boil some noodles! Done! If you want to get crazy you can have some white sauce too and cook up some chicken while the noodles cook. I'm telling you, its so easy but so fast.
  • We Play Hard on the Weekend: I am a big believer in the fact that if you work hard you can play hard as well. And this instance is no different. By Thursday night we should both have all of our end of the year assignments done. That means that we can spend this weekend catching up on everything we have been wanting to do. Even better, we try to make up for the school year in the summer by taking advantage of the wonderful outdoor activities here in Utah.

Don't get me wrong here, we are doing great and it's nothing that we can't handle. It just comes with the territory. If we weren't as worried about doing so well with our school and jobs this time of year I would take it to mean that we didn't care about the blessings we have been given in the first place. We are able to attend a prestigious university and get one of the best educations in the country. Brett was accepted to multiple graduate programs which allows him to take his education even further. We both are blessed with jobs that provide an income and have daytime hours that work with our school schedules. We are lucky enough to spend almost every evening together, even if our activity of the night might be simply sitting next to each other at the table doing homework. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You just found the beauty in being stressed. I love this post! ha. What a great reminder to embrace your blessings when life may be too stressful for your liking! love your words! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Finding the silver lining is a great way of life. :)

      Delete

Subscribe