Round Two: Deja Vu?

5:30:00 AM

So I promise that I don't go to many concerts. The last week has been an exception. Last Friday I saw Tim McGraw with Michelle and it was amazing. Then the next Thursday I was back in the same venue with Brett and some friends to see the most random groups of bands you could imagine. Guster, Ben Folds Five, and Barenaked Ladies. Ya that's right, I went to a Barenaked Ladies concert, and they were headlining. Weird right? Who would have known that they were still touring. When they first got on stage they said that this year is the 25th year that they have been playing together. Crazy! Anyway, enjoy some pictures!


Brett, me, Stephanie, and Brad. Thanks so much to these two for inviting us to come along! Brad even found us some tickets that were even cheaper than my lawn tickets the week before. I totally had to swipe the pic from Stephanie's Facebook though, apparently I didn't get a group picture of us all.



Sorry about the waitress, I didn't notice that she was there until now. I really need to just work on taking more pictures. Anyway, this picture serves two purposes. First, hey look..its Guster! I recognized most of their songs from Brett listening to them all the time, but don't know them super well. Second, this is the closest I have ever been to the stage in a concert. 


Ben Folds here with Ben Folds Five. Honestly, he isn't my favorite but Brett really likes some of his stuff. Check out that power stance at the piano though. 


Between Ben Folds and Barenaked Ladies we walked out to the sidewalk and saw Guster just standing their and playing more songs. For me, this was the coolest part of the night. It's hard not to enjoy it when you are standing six feet away. As you can see, Brett was pretty excited.



Funny story. When we agreed to go with Stephanie and Brad we had already turned down the option to go with a couple other groups,  and I'm glad we did end up going with them. In such a relatively smallish venue (I mean its only one side of a hill, not a whole NBA arena) it was possible for us to run and say hi to everyone during one of the breaks. First was some college friends Alex, his brother in law, and his sister Kayla.

Second was with Brett's siblings. Michelle was the only girl to represent, but Scott and Matt rounded up the numbers for 4 of the 6 Lee kids. 


And of course, Barenaked Ladies. They were great performers. Nothing flashy, just true old entertainment. Singing, joking, laughing and having a great time. The best part of the night was when they did their cover number. Before I knew it I was listening to a  90s band play Macklemore, Taylor Swift, Brittney and Will.I.Am, and others. It seriously made me laugh so hard.


Overall it was a great night. It was fun to see friends, family, and listen to some great music


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe