Blogilates

4:00:00 AM

source


So I am pretty sure that I have blogged about my hatred of running in the past. Not that I hate to work out, but just that I get really bored of just running all the time. That being the case, several months ago I was just cruising the internet looking for different ideas on how I could exercise. I love exercising in a variety of ways, similar to the way I was always excising during the practices of all the different sports I used to play. Just for kicks I decided to do a you-tube search for a beginner, full body, pilates work out. I did a few random videos, just clicking on whichever one was the same length as how much time I had. Then I started to notice a bunch of videos from one girl, and went to her home page. That is when I found the treasure trove that is Blogliates!

When I say treasure trove, I absolutely mean it. Blogilates is run by Cassey, a pilates instructor who decided to put all her knowledge on the internet for free! She has page after page of workouts, videos, recipes, motivation, clothing, and almost anything else you can imagine. I used to laugh at things like pilates and yoga as being too sissy for any actual benefit, but her videos are killer. Each month she creates a new calendar of workouts pre-planned that you can work from. There is always variety, and it is so easy to see the checklist of videos for every individual day. She also has a beginner calendar up all the time for anyone just getting started.

source

With September just around the corner, a new calendar is on its way out and I am so excited. I usually try to do her workouts 4-5 times a week and then run at least once as well. I have found that for me, this is the perfect amount of variety that I need in order to not dread the running day(s). One time when I was really not wanting to run, I didn't for a few weeks. The next time I did I was really worried about dying since it had been a while, but I jumped on the treadmill and ran farther than I had in a long time. That was when I knew for sure that these videos were really doing something for my whole body, other than the confirmation from gallons of sweat I have every time I finish. 

Someone should really do this with me! In order to get the current calendar you just need to subscribe with your email. All that means is that you get the password to the calendar sent to you, and once a week when she makes a new video she sends it at well. Sign up and tell me you did! We can help each other make sure we stick to our goals.

Go check out her website here if you haven't already. Get lost in the maze of videos like I did. It will be worth it, I promise :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this also, but I have to wrestle our one computer from Gary (who is actually using it for hw and such)so I don't get to do it very often!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe