How We Celebrated

7:07:00 PM

Being college students helps us stick to a budget out of necessity. This means that celebrations for birthdays and anniversaries involve dinner at home more often than dinner out. Luckily for us, we planned and saved since last year and we were able to do both for our anniversary last week!

Last weekend we went to Park City, stayed in a nice resort, went out to eat, and got a couple things from the outlets. We did a similar thing about a year and a half ago, so we knew this would be exactly what we needed.

Our hotel room was kickin'! It was so much bigger than our apartment it was insane, not to mention that it had two bathrooms. Seriously, it was sweet. My favorite parts though were the balcony and fireplace. Brett was just getting over a nasty cold, so we spent a lot of time just hanging out and snacking on candy. This meant that I got to pull the armchair over to the fireplace to read a book. I'm telling you, I was in heaven!

Then Tuesday was our real anniversary and it was just in time for me to have caught whatever Brett had the week before. This means that my exhaustion led to bad communication and planning on many levels. One in particular being who would drive the car home from school. (Yes we live, like, 4 blocks from campus, but now that Brett has graduate student parking right by the building, we drive most of the time. We acknowledge the laziness.) My last class of the day didn't end until 6:30 and is in a building on campus that could not be any closer to our house, so I just walked and thought Brett was driving from the other side of campus. Then I get home, Brett is already there, he sees me hot from walking and just says "Oh. You didn't bring the car home." It turns out that since I wasn't feeling well, he also walked and left me the car so I could drive, but neither of us communicated our plans. Brett was a champ and went back to campus to get the car so we wouldn't get towed during the night.

After the car escapade, we made some steaks, twice baked potatoes, and steamed green beans covered in butter, salt, and Parmesan cheese. This is one of my favorite meals, even if you replace the steak with a breaded chicken breast. Oh my gosh. So delicious.

With full bellies and runny noses, I took some NyQuil and we settled down to watch a few episodes of Seinfeld until the medicine knocked me out. Overall, a great few days of celebrating these amazing last two years.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe