Sister Road Trip

5:00:00 AM




Last weekend my sister and I decided to take a little road trip to Grandma's house. I don't know if it still counts as a road trip if Grandma's house is only 3 hours away and we were only gone for 30 hours total, but we are still going to call it one. Since we went ahead with the road trip label, we prepared.



Two of our younger cousins were baptized and confirmed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and prompted local extended family to get together to show our love and support to these two beautiful girls. It was such an amazing day seeing everyone, but sadly I decided not to take any pictures once we actually got to Grandma's. Weird, I know. Let's just blame it on the fact that I was pretty sick so I just did a lot of sitting and chatting.

During the drive up we went through Brigham City, Utah, which has a new temple that my sister and I hadn't seen since it was completed, so we stopped for a few minutes to walk around the grounds. It is a beautifully tall and white building. I also loved its beautiful simplicity. My love of history also comes out when I go to places like temples. In these older Utah towns the temples are often built near something historical to The Church, so naturally I had to look across the street to the old Tabernacle building that I also love.





Right before we left to come back to Provo we stopped at the community cemetery to see our Grandpa's gravestone. When he passed away from pneumonia 3 years ago, I spent a lot of time with my family at the hospital and the following weekend, and it was good for me to take a second to remember and be grateful for him, and the rest of my family.




Overall, it was a wonderful little get-a-way with my sister and family. Having a cold doesn't ruin the ability to enjoy the change in routine that I was so grateful for.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe