Apple Pie and a Second Thanksgiving Dinner

5:00:00 AM

Apple pie is one of my favorite treats. Luckily Brett likes it too so I was actually able to make a couple this Thanksgiving season. The second time, I needed a helper since we decided to make Thanksgiving food for just the two of us, just to see if we could. Brett worked on the inside while I did the crusts, mainly because he loves the contraption we use to peel the apples. It peels, cores, and slices all at the same time.


I love this Betty Crocker Cookbook. It used to be my grandma's, but when I left for college she gave me this extra one. I use it all the time when I need a refresher classic comfort food, like apple pie.






Brett was proud of all his hard work, and while our oven appears to heat unevenly, leaving that one edge a little more charred than the rest, it tasted wonderful!

As promised, we did have second thanksgiving dinner. We roasted a chicken (from The Pioneer Woman here) with crazy amounts of herbs, made some mashed potatoes, fresh steamed green beans, rolls, gravy, and of course this pie. Growing up I always had Black Cherry KoolAid mixed with Sprite on holidays, so naturally we had that too. Now we have a bunch of KoolAid and Sprite that we can't drink fast enough. Dinner was lovely and it was a wonderful way to end a day full of Christmas shopping. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe