New Recipes I Love

9:00:00 AM

Since finding out that I needed to changed my diet and exercise patterns to be much more strict, I tried lots of new recipes and have played with adapting some favorite recipes as well. That means I have been able to find some new favorites that I cannot get over. All images were taken from the linked recipe websites

Orange Chicken


I just found this recipe and cannot get over it. So far I have made it twice in one week. I love it! As far as the recipe is concerned, I didn't have rice wine vinegar, but it still worked out well.  It was good to have over white rice, like the recipe calls for, but I also like it over home made fried rice. The recipe can be found at Return of the Yummmy here, and I really recommend you check it out immediately.


Taco Chicken



This is another favorite found at From Valerie's Kitchen that I have made a couple different ways. I have followed the recipe with everything other than the can of chilies, and I have made it with just the spice mix and onions and that was also fantastic. I love that this recipe is in the slow-cooker so it makes cleanup so easy. And the leftovers keep so well that I will us the chicken all week. The chicken is good on a southwest salad, my favorite way to use what's left.

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers





The only thing I change in this is that we don't have a BBQ so we usually cook it in more of an Asian style, cooked up on the stove and mixed in with some fried rice. Very simple, very delicious. Check it out at Kitchen Meets Girl.

Garlic and Oil Spaghetti with Lemon-Pepper Chicken



This one from Rachael Ray is by far the most simple of the bunch, but the mix of flavors is amazing. I like using Angle Hair spaghetti with such a light sauce, stirring the sauce into the noodles before serving and topping with chicken chunks just seasoned with generic lemon-pepper mix. So good, so light, and yet so filling.

I hope you love these as much as I do!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. looks so yummy! I Def want to try to chicken skewers! om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe