We Had a Marathon

9:00:00 AM

Bam! Harry Potter movies watched in order over a couple of weeks. Is it a little ridiculous, of course, but was it worth it? Absolutely! Ever since I read the last two books way back during Christmas I have had the urge to watch them all. Then when I found out that my sister's roommate had all of them and she let me borrow them I realized that we needed to watch them quickly, so I could give them back, obviously.  I seriously love these stories. To quote Stephen King on why these young adult books are superior to others,

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."

These stories teach the importance of family, love, teamwork, forgiveness, integrity, and the evils of prejudice and letting fear control your actions. I will stop talking now to prevent rambling about a book (I get extremely attached to fictional characters), but just know, that I love them.

And yes, I cried like a baby during a significant chunk of the last movie. Just like I cried when I read the book. Just like anyone with a soul should cry.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe