April Goal Recap

9:18:00 AM

image and idea via

Physical

  • The last week and a half has been sketchy with both my exercise and my eating. To my benefit, we were traveling, family reunion-ing, and not having a kitchen put together. I started again yesterday with exercise and eating (Made fresh home-made Asian food last night that was to die for!)  and hopefully I can get back into a grove. I mean, I do have to run a half marathon at the end of the summer. 
  • Brett and I also can't tell if we are getting sick or having allergies. Could be either. There is so much more vegetation here that could be getting to us, or it could be the week of traveling and bad sleep giving us a cold. We are hoping that we can have a little R&R this weekend and make sure we stay healthy. I know that for me I feel so much better when I exercise. 
Spiritual
  • Journal and scripture were going well, again until the move. I love the way my days go when Brett and I start off our day reading a chapter from the scriptures while we eat breakfast. Consistency is key!
Social
  • April was full of social activities. We spent a lot of time catching up with the people that we will miss over this summer. Some we will see when we get back to Provo, others have graduated and will be moving on with their lives, one couple in particular is probably going all the way to New York! It was great to have an excuse to see so many people we love. 
  • We also just finished the Lee Family Reunion that happens every other year. So lots of time spent with family in that way. We had to move out of our place before the reunion started, so one of Brett's sisters let us crash at her house and it was a blast. It was good to have other people to watch the Blazer games with!
Financial
  • We have continued to track our expenses on a weekly basis and that practice has been key to being able to make it here to Seattle. We worked hard to spend as little as possible in April in order to have some spare cash for any moving incidents, and we are so glad we did. We ended up needing new tires, a new bed frame (somehow we forgot ours) and a craigslist couch since we didn't have space to bring one of ours. Little things start to add up when you move!
Intellectual
  • School is over! This will be the first time since we have been married that we will both not be taking classes. There has always been at least one of us in full time classes so even though we are going to be working, suddenly we have our evenings back!
  • As far as school is concerned, we both dominated. I ended up with a 3.8 this semester, meeting a huge goal of mine. It was so nice to go out on a high note!
Now all we need is to just get a win from our Blazers tonight! Come on guys, lets put this away!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe