I Finally Read The Hobbit

8:00:00 AM



The Hobbit-J.R.R. Tolkien

This has been a long time coming. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings have been on my list for a while, but I never thought I had enough time to sit down and read them, assuming that they would need a large time commitment. But out of stubbornness I decided that there was no way I was going to go see the last part of the movie without reading it.

I was surprised with how simple the story was to read, how simple the plot line was itself. I read it in just a couple days, not really trying to read it quickly, just reading whenever I felt like. This is the kind of fantasy story that I love, and that I hope someday my kids love too.

A story of a dangerous treasure hunt. It can be stated as simply as that. Or the discovery of what an individual is capable of. Or even a story of destiny. Whatever you, as the reader, are looking for you will find.

Now that I know better, the movies actually bug me. Why Peter Jackson? Why did you have to pull a George Lucas and ruin a good thing? Why pull in so many stories that are not involved just so you could make three movies? Why not just focus on the amazing character development that Bilbo goes through?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe