The Fellowship of the Ring, Read at Last

10:30:00 AM

Fellowship of the Ring-J.R.R. Tolkien


So I finally read this book. Finally. These have been on my list forever, in fact so long that they made it onto my 101 in 1001 list. I will probably write a more detailed review once I have read all three of them (I still need to track down a copy of Two Towers) but reading this first part has made my nerdy love even deeper. All of the characters I loved are even better than before. Aragorn is probably my favorite character to ever be written. He is so powerful, resourceful, talented, noble, and yet humble at the same time. Seeing his relationship with Bilbo added a lot to his dynamic as well, something that is missed in the movie adaptation.

I am so excited to keep reading these and since the holds list at the library is excruciatingly long, I am going to start hitting up used book stores to make sure I can finish this summer.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe