Powell's City of Books

6:30:00 AM

It is common knowledge by now that I love books. My love of books, literature, and learning has just blossomed this summer because I suddenly have so much time to read! I did the math once and when I took into account my bus commutes, mandatory breaks and lunch length, I have at least 3.5 hours a day to read. I am hauling through books. Some days I don't read one just because it is starting to feel too repetitive. Anyway, because I love books so much I love going to libraries and bookstores. I can spend hours in a bookstore looking at the books and journals. I have a serious weak spot for journals.

One of my favorite places in the world is Powell's City of Books in downtown Portland, Oregon. I went there with Brett when we were dating, and we got to go back again this summer. The bookstore is so big that you need a map to get around. They have new books, used books, old books, current books. I got to the point where I had to stop looking at things in order to avoid wanting to buy more stuff! I highly recommend checking this place out whenever you get the chance!


we ended up returning Gone Girl after Brett started reading it and it was pretty raunchy. We will just wait until we can clearplay the movie.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe