Crocheted Baby Blankets

9:00:00 AM


As has already been evidenced several times here on this blog, I enjoy crocheting to pass the time. The amount always picks up in the winter, if I’m sick, or in the recent cases I’m living apart from Brett for a month and friends are having babies. In the last couple months I have been able to knock out two of the four baby blankets I wanted to do and just picked up the yarn for number 3. The funny thing about a project of this size is that it feels like I can work on it for hours and not see any result. Then suddenly I look down and have something beautiful laid across my lap.

I know it's a little old fashioned, and tedious, and these days isn’t any cheaper than buying a blanket as a gift, but I enjoy doing it. To me there is something special about seeing a gift that I have worked so hard on be used and loved. My mom was given a blanket crocheted by my great-grandmother and as I got older she was the one who taught me how. Now I feel like I carry the torch, keeping up the tradition of weaving my love into these gifts for people I hold dear.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe