Halloween 2015

9:00:00 AM

This year, like all the other Halloweens before, we stayed pretty chill. The night of we spent eating food and goodies while watching classic Halloween comedies. This go round it was Ghostbusters, meaning that Brett walked around the house singing and dancing to the theme song all day. Meanwhile I did some crafting and planning while Baby Girl continued to discover my ribs with repetitive little kicks!

A couple weeks earlier we attended our ward's Trunk-or-Treat and loved seeing so many of our friends and their kids all dressed up. With all of our excitement for the Star Wars movie coming up we knew we had to dress up as Han and Leia, so I made a trip to the fabric district in LA and threw these together. Luckily the Princess Leia costume is a simple white dress and all Brett needed to complete his Han Solo look was the vest to go with his dad's old gun holster so it wasn't too bad. I wasn't super hip on wearing this costume at first, but it ended up working out. (At the time I was in the weird stage of pregnancy where flowing clothing didn't hide or accentuate the bump, but just kinda made me look a little big :) ) It wasn't until we got home that night that we realized the only picture we took was with a couple of the little Storm Troopers we came across, but at least both of us are in it at the same time!



Brett came up with the idea for us to go to the ward Halloween party as Star Wars characters every year, or at least every time we add another child to the family. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. While the kids are little I would only have to worry about one costume on the years we add a kid, and it would be a fun way to look back and see how much our family changes over the years. Then as the kids get older and want to pick their own costumes maybe we could switch over to every other year or something. Next year I can't wait to make a little Ewok costume and redo my Leia dress to be a little more legit.

Until next year, Halloween!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe