On My First Mother's Day

9:30:00 AM



Today is my first Mother's Day with a baby. Its a little unique of a day for me. My baby is only 3 months old so I feel like I'm still getting the hang of motherhood. Next year I will have a whole year's worth of thoughts and feelings, but for now I just want to keep it short and sweet.

Being a mother is something I always wanted and something I feel so honored to be. Getting here took longer than I would have liked and was full of yearning and sadness along the way. It's the hardest thing I have ever done, but so worthwhile. There have been times in my life where I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do after that moment but now I have never felt more grounded. This is where I am supposed to be, what I want to be doing, and where I have found my greatest fulfillment. Corinne's birth three months ago changed my daily activities, but my heart was changed before that. On this day of celebration of mothers and a time when I reflect on what it means to be a mother I can't help but think of my own gratitude for my babies who changed me forever. To the baby I never got to hold in this life and to the one I hold every day, I love you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe