Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

8:30:00 AM

One of my favorite treats are these incredibly simple Peanut Butter Rice Krsipie Treats. I was introduced to them when Brett and I were dating and he took me home to visit his parents and at first I was a little skeptical. I have never been the biggest marshmallow fan but then Brett let me know that they didn't have marshmallows, just lots of sugar. So I gave them a try and ever since I have been hooked.

They are super simple to make, with just five ingredients that we usually already have in the cupboards. It also doesn't take long to make them, which I always count as a bonus. These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats are something that I can quickly whip up whenever I get a craving.






print recipe

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
These bars are the perfect way to quickly fix that peanut butter and chocolate craving.
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups Light Corn Syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 8 cups Rice Ceral
  • 2-4 cups (your preference) Chocolate Chips
Instructions
1. Mix sugar and corn syrup into a sauce pan and heat until it barely begins to boil. Really, just barely when the bubbles show along the edges of the pan, the longer you boil the sugar, the harder the caramel is and you don't want to eat a rock.2. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, stirring until combined.3. Mix the sugar/peanut butter mixture into a bowl filled with the rice cereal. Press into a lightly greased 9x13 pan using a spatula.4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips across the top then place the pan in a warm oven until the chocolate is shiny and can be spread evenly across the top. 5. Allow everything to cool before cutting into bars.
Details
Total time: Yield: 9x13 pan

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe