40 Week Pregnancy Update

3:34:00 PM



So I wrote up this post in the evening and the next morning we were in the hospital and little boy was joining our family that day!Which makes sense considering the picture above is me obviously in a hospital gown, tired, and walking the hallways.  But since this is already here and ready to go I still want to share and record these thoughts. Come back next time for an introduction to our little angel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, its time. I'm in my 40th week of pregnancy. I'm currently writing this on Monday, and my due date isn't until Sunday, but I'm ready. I'm so ready for this baby to come and for this new life to get going. My doctor has been checking me for the last month and keeps saying that it could be any day, so I want to make sure I get all these thoughts and feelings down on paper (online?) before it happens, even if it is a few days early.

So here it is, some final thoughts about this pregnancy!

Due Date: February 19, 2017 (just one year and 18 days after Corinne!)

Gender: Boy! 

Favorite Moments: Looking around his nursery and seeing that it is ready! Basically getting to the moment where I looked around at everything and realized that if I went into labor it wouldn't be a disorganized disaster. 

Eating: Lots, although I finally have shifted to liking real food again! Like veggies and stuff. Which is good. I also can't get enough water and ice. 

Feeling: Prepared for labor/birth. Really I am to the point where we are ready to go. My mom has been here several days and Corinne is comfortable with her. My bag is packed. There are freezer meals in the fridge. Everything is just ready to go.

However, I'm still feeling anxious about having two kids. The time in a couple weeks after the grandmas leave and Brett goes back to work and I'm home by myself with two babies. That part I am still nervous about. Thank goodness I have good friends!   

Names: I think we finally have it narrowed down to a few names and now that it could happen any day I'm getting excited to see which one we actually end up picking! It is interesting how our list has shifted over the last nine months. If you would have asked me 9 months ago I would have sworn up and down that his name would be Thomas, but now I would be surprised if that is the case. 

Craving: Water. Ice. Steamed veggies. 

Weight Gain: Obviously. And I'm trying not to think about it because now that I am so close to giving birth I'm realizing that I'm also close to the point where I'm going to have to start doing something about the weight gain instead of writing it off to being pregnant. 

Aches or Pains: Everywhere. My two pregnancies could not have been so different in this regard. The last week before Corinne was born I walked probably 15-20 miles trying to walk her out, this morning my mom went to the grocery store for me because I was tired. I also am already dilated and progressed this time, which never happened outside the hospital before. All I am missing is the regular contractions, but once those start my doctor thinks it will go fast and I should get an epidural right away!

Maternity Clothes: Too small! I'm rotating through just a few things I can wear without showing off this incredible belly. It's a good thing that my husband is so tall because when I'm home I'm pretty much always wearing his shirts so I can save my outfits for when I leave the house. 

My Mood: I would say weirdly calm. Again, it all comes back to that moment of peace that "Wow. This could happen at any moment. Lets just do this." I'm just living my life and making plans one day at a time. 

Exercise: Still nope.  

Excited About: Reaching the end! It feels like so long that I have been waiting to meet this little guy and now that it can finally happen soon I want it to! I want to have those moments holding my fresh little baby, soaking up all the love and innocence that is wrapped in that wonderful bundle of new human life. I can't wait to get to know his little personality. Is he going to be chubby like his sister? Have hair? What color? I just want my child in my life. And seeing Brett become a dad the first time was one of my favorite moments so I can't wait to get to witness his dad-love grow to fit this second little kiddo just like he will get to witness mine.

It's baby time! So lets do this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe