32 Weeks Pregnant: Thoughts and Feelings

4:22:00 PM


I'm 32 weeks pregnant, which means there are only 8 weeks to go. That's less than 10 people, single digits! I still can't believe how fast this one has gone and how excited I am for it to be over. Earlier in this pregnancy I wanted to get to the end mostly because I was sick of being pregnant and uncomfortable all the time, but now I just can't wait to meet this little boy! Being a mom of two is going to be so hard because of their young ages, but so fun! I can't wait to spend the next couple years with these two and see them become little partners in crime.

But that is the future and right now, still pregnant. So again, (idea courtesy of my friend Elisabeth), a pregnancy update!


Due Date: February 19, 2017 (just one year and 18 days after Corinne!)

Gender: Boy! 

Favorite Moments: Still feeling this sweet boy moving around. Although it would be great if he would settle down at night, it is incredible to feel that movement and realize that there is a little human life in there!

Eating: This is probably the saddest part, but less sugar. Eating processed sugar, like all the yummy desserts so prevalent during this holiday season, gives me instant and intense heartburn. I'm still eating some of these sweets, but its definitely a lot less than I normally would have. I've limited myself to only a certain time of day. That way when I get heartburn its only once, not all day long. Its helped!

Feeling: I'm getting more and more excited the closer I get to delivery. I can't wait for all those special little newborn moments. I'm also much more confident this time around. Obviously I don't know everything, or probably much at all, but I have had a newborn before and I feel better prepared than last time just from the experience.  

Names: We still like those traditional names, and our list keeps getting shorter. Our top three are pretty consistent. We will wait and see! The name Corinne wasn't a serious contender until about a week before she was born and that's the one we went with, so who knows. 

Craving: Salty foods. And hot foods. Hot french fries are just heaven right now. But really I'm not very consistent with cravings right now. Its mostly that if something pops into my head I can't let it go until I eventually eat it. But there isn't much of a pattern right now.  

Weight Gain: Oh yes. I've hit the point of weighing as much as I did when I was full term with Corinne. I know some people who don't like to look at the scale at this point, but I still want to be aware. Plus then as it starts to go away I can see the progress. At least that is what I'm telling myself. Ha!

Aches or Pains: Yep! All of the above. I've also had a few Braxton Hicks contractions, which has been a new experience. I'm trying not to dwell on it because I still have a couple months to go, but it sure is difficult on those hard days.

Maternity Clothes: At this point I'm pretty much wearing leggings and tunics all the time. Or when I'm home its actually Brett's t-shirts, lets be real. If I want to wear something a little nicer I have a few dresses that can be dressed up or down which has been fun. 

My Mood: Alternating between panic at how there is only 9 weeks until my due date and frustration that there are still 9 whole weeks until my due date. Haha! That's pretty normal though. 

Exercise: Really hard. And the last couple weeks I've mostly stopped. Which I know isn't good. We have had a few rounds of sickness here at home that even had Brett into the urgent care. And this baby boy is sitting so low that it starts to hurt my hips and legs pretty bad if I join my friends on the walks that are a couple miles long. So lately I have just been stretching, but only what hurts and not consistently. I need to at least do some regular stretching or yoga. 

Excited About: Getting settled and ready for this new baby and then being able to just enjoy him! Since I last posted an update we have moved again and has given me a really good chance to get all the final details worked out. And at that point we will be in the home stretch! I'm so excited to bring this boy home and welcome him into our daily lives. I can't wait to look around the room and see my two little babes and amazing husband. I get all soft and teary eyed just imagining how wonderful it will be. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe